Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wrecked myself
Thread: Wrecked myself
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Default Wrecked myself

Sunday was a great powder morning at Loveland, but man I paid a heavy toll for that powder morning.

For anyone familiar with that mountain, we were over off of Lift 8 and I had been launching myself off of those bluffs skier's right off of the lift. The first one is the biggest, but the ride in from the top is often wind scoured and sketchy. I was straight lining into that guy trying to carry as much speed as I could and as soon as I went to rail a toe side turn to launch my carcass off of it, it happened. Fucking rocks. If I'd been still going straight, I would've been fine. Board would've taken a beating, but I wouldn't have. But as soon as I hit that rock field on edge, I bailed hard. Board took a pretty good beating, but nothing serious. I took the worst of it. My entire left side is black, blue, red, and purple from my hip to midway up my ribs. Left wrist and hand hurting like hell and swollen. Left shoulder already has rotator cuff issues and took a beating as well. Smashed my phone too just for good measure.

Gotta love falling straight into rocks at probably 30mph. All in all, I got off pretty lucky. Definitely could've been a lot worse. Just bruised up and sore, nothing serious.