Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a New Board
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
TheDipsman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for a New Board

Hey guys, I'm new here as is made obvious by my post count. Currently I'm riding a Burton Canyon 168, circa 2005. When I first got it I rode pretty hard, but the last few years it has been one big trip our west and a few runs at the local mountains. This year my wife really started getting the hang of it and I find myself riding more and more. The only complaint I have had about the Canyon was turning tight on some more difficult glades.

For reference I'm 6'3" and currently weigh about 220 lbs. A year ago I was 240 and I'm hoping to drop another 10-20 in the next year. That being said I'm looking for something a little shorter, probably no less than 160 at the least.

Typically I ride all mountain, and will probably take the Canyon with, on a trip, for powder days as it rides like a dream on fresh runs. I don't mind the occasional rail or jump, but I don't hang around the park if I can help it.

I'm probably going to demo a Custom X and something with a flying V since our local mountain has Burton Demos. Any one have any other recommendations?