Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - T.Rice Pro 2014 vs. Capita DOA
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ravaging Rami

Question T.Rice Pro 2014 vs. Capita DOA

Hello,
I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've been snowboarding for 4 years now on an old 163 K2 JuJu from the 1990's that belonged to my father. It has served me well, but it's time for an upgrade. I've been looking at either the Lib-Tech T.Rice Pro 2014 or the Capita Defenders of Awesome 2014. I ride in the midwest, so mostly groomers, steeps, hardpack, occasional powder days, and once in a while some smaller jumps. I don't ride rails or jib, but I don't want to ride a brick down the mountain either. I am 5'11, 154 pounds, and a 10.5 - 11 size boot. I'm still growing, so I don't want to get too small of a board, but I don't want too big of a board either. What would be a better size to fit my criteria, 157 or 161.5?
Also, is there going to be a learning curve coming from a cambered board (JuJu) to a hybrid (T.Rice Pro)? Does anyone have any experience with either of these boards? I am open to other boards too, so please comment up!
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote