Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

sooo...

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  stoepstyle 
G
#1 ·
#9 ·
That's what the article states.

Typical. It would be interesting to see if Neversummer has put in a patent for their design...
It's patented.

I was talkign to the NS rep about this (very briefly) at the NS Demo day this year. Apparently all you really need to do is change an angle or a radius just a twitch and it's fair game.

As for why Lib Tech got the award and NS didn't.... beats me.
Correct hell just change the terminology and you can patent it.

Because Mervin has better marketing, NS is still a relatively small company.
I give them 3 years and everyone will look at Mervin like they do Burton now...they already are the "Burton" of park boards..every rat out there has a 'nana...

It is pretty shitty that they gave Innovation of the year away to a copied design, it would be nice for the smaller guys to get prop's once in awhile.
Either way, NS has proven themselves to me with my SL-R so ill do what I can to continue to support them and buy their products...
Lets put it this way if Quiksilver hadn't paid off Mervins debt they'd be gone.

So basically this is what I was told from the owners of NS. Mike Olson came over to NS at SIA and said good job on what you're doing. He then went on to even say that he wanted to do Banana C2 for the last few years but the other designers kept saying no it won't work it won't do this blah blah blah blah. Then NS launched the R.C technology and slayed Banana's. That was when the other designers finally decided to go along with what he was saying.

Now the people that awarded the award are fucking stupid ass skiers that have no clue about anything in the snowboard world.

As far as better marketing perhaps, but NS will have their spin in ads for next year and getting their just desserts. The thing that's going to bite Mervin in the ass is how much marketing they put into traditional Banana technology and how everything else is crap. They pigeon holed themselves and now they're tripping over what they've previously said. It doesn't look good when you take a rider of T. Rice's stature and he's basically saying C2 is just way better it's what I ride, when he only had a banana board.

#6 ·
I was talkign to the NS rep about this (very briefly) at the NS Demo day this year. Apparently all you really need to do is change an angle or a radius just a twitch and it's fair game.

As for why Lib Tech got the award and NS didn't.... beats me.

#12 ·
Inca does a dual camber system putting camber directly under each binding placement. R.C technology puts a micro camber out in the tip and tail past the inserts. I thought you would have known that since you seem to think you know a lot about snowboarding. Banana C2 will also be tweaking base theories with their convex base.

The only funny thing is your weak attempts to take pot shots at people doc.

#13 ·
doc? as in documents? what? anyway the inca thing was a joke, you should relax. I'm not taking pot shots at anyone, you're just a funny little angry never summer puppet (ok that was a pot shot but like you don't do the same. If anyone here wants people to think they are a fountain of snowboard information its you, i'll let my posts do the talking, you keep doing what you're doing, whatever it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.