Torqued binding screws...
Hey guys. Curious if any of you have gotten any bindings over the years and had issues with the screws being over tightened from the factory. I recently got a set of Flow NX2 SE's and was going through the paces of setting them up. Removed all the straps and began setting the boot centered to the footbed. Then the problems started... I started with the right foot binding. I was extending the frame of the heel/high back out to give equal over hang of toe vs. heel. The screws to extend the heel were a NIGHTMARE! They were so tight and torqued down, the one side I was able to loosen and move to the other notch but the opposite side, well, not so much. I even watched the set up video flow put out since this was my first pair of flows to make sure I got it right. It called for a #3 phillips, so I used a #3 phillips. Then switched to a flat head that fit, in hopes to loosen the screw...nothing. Didn't budge one bit! Needless to say I ended up stripping the screw head after trying. I didn't attempt drilling out the screw since there was limited room there after. So the only way to get the screw off was to cut the screw with a metal cutting blade, and that's where the cosmetic botching began. A brand new binding, fubar'd from a stripped screw. I contacted flow and they were pretty cool. I told them about the situation and the guy I talked to told me to send him pics of the catastrophe with my address and he'd get back to me tomorrow. The same screws on the left foot binding were tough as well but I was able to loosen those without to much of a fuss and have the binding totally set up. I pretty much told the guy all I needed was the frame with the high back. The straps are okay and the cable could also be salvaged.