Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board advice
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
alby72

Question New board advice

Hi all,

First of all a big “ hi’ from the Netherlands to the entire member board
Sorry If my written English will not be up to standards

I'm looking for buiyng a board and I would like to have some advice before taking the wrong step
I'm an Intermediate/advanced boarder, I'm not 17 years old anymore ( i'm 41) and therefore looking for an All Mountain board ( I'm not into free style or fresh snow, just cruising down the run with my kids). I'm 1.81cm tall , around 98 kg and my boot size is 45 ( US 11) . According to various charts on the web I should go for a 160/162cm wide, is this correct?

I’ve bought last year new bindings Salomon Arcade from 2012 and I’ve been surfing with an 8 years old Ride dale Rehberg borrowed from a friend ( unfortunately in wrong size and width. Was a 157cm all mountain board
My budget is around 250/300euro ( approx 300/350 US$)max and after several researches around the web and a few calls in different shops I’ve been narrowing down my choice to the following 2:

Salomon Sight 13/14
Flow Merc 13/14

Both in 162cm Wide

What do you think? One shop is pushing me towards the Merc although the other to the Sight.
I’m a bit confused and eventually open to other board suggestions ( always within my budget)
to be honest I'm also really concerned about the " Wide", I don;t want to go for a Wide one if it is not needed

Looking forward to your reply
thanks
Alberto
alby72 is offline   Reply With Quote