Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Rome Artifact 1985 or Lib Tech Skate Banana

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Method 
G
#1 ·
Hey I am looking into getting a Rome artifact 85 (153) or the Lib Tech Skate banana BTX (152) and I am wondering if anyone has ridden these two boards and what are your opinions on them. I am riding a Rome Graft 155 for park right now and I love it but I want to get something more for urban rails but can still hold its own in the park when I dont want to lug 2 boards to the mountain. Any suggestions/feedback?

#2 ·
neither. sb delams and chips easily. rome artifact 1985 has bronze edges that dull and bend easily which is like a throw away board after a hard season but most jib boards are like throw away boards. Look into the bataleon airobic because it has much more pop than other jib boards. Also if you can find a capita horrorscope, I'd get one since it's really great for jibbing and is extremely light so you can swing it around "oh so easy".

#3 ·
how did you measure the pop compared to other boards? why is bataleon pushed so hard on this messageboard?

to the OP either of those boards will work fine, they are both designed to be used in the park (maybe the rome moreso) and you'll probably be happy with either. both are very popular boards that hardly anyone complains about.

#4 ·
The artifact is one of the better boards for jibbing and just having fun on. It's not much more than that though, If that's what you're looking to do on it than go for the artifact 85, It's a tad stiffer in the nose and tail then the regular artifact and the carbon v-stringers help with pop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.