Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #5161 (permalink)
cdnrider

Crystal was 45 degrees Tuesday and after 50 degrees monday, you can imagine ... it was soft and mashy until the temps started falling then it turned to corn. Mixed feelings on these conditions because everything is a lot slower but also softer so landing on my ass didn't hurt nearly as much. Trying to 50/50 any boxes was a bit disappointing because after a few speed checks, I felt like a was never going to reach the end.

Today, temps were in the low teens, with bluebird skies. After the first few runs on hard pack, it started to loosen up a bit. Managed with decent speed to 50/50 the dance floor, 50/50 the short ride on fun box then half assed a board slide on the long/down box all in one run. Caveat - board slide was purely accidental as my approach kinda sucked and I found myself almost 90 degrees, put all my weight to my front foot and pin my board to it. Sometimes accidents are pretty cool! Then my youngest son Maddox, does the same thing on a pair skis with much more speed and style than me and makes me look like an @$$...

the best line of the day "dad your trying really hard, but you need more speed. don't kill yourself though, because you are getting' kind of old." To Maddox, my 7 year old who has huge brass balls i wish i had, a 2 finger, double barrel salute.

also managed to work on switch riding, 180 front/backside flats on the backside of the mountain. some nice blues that turn into greens with no one around so when I bail, no harm done. can now ride switch at a good clip down blues pretty much in total control.

reports are we got between 6-10" of fresh at home, any truth to that? never thought I would be up north at crystal and be jealous of riding pk, Brighton or holly'

we love this place! mtf

Last edited by cdnrider; 03-12-2014 at 05:11 PM.
cdnrider is offline   Reply With Quote