Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #5162 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnrider View Post
the best line of the day "dad your trying really hard, but you need more speed. don't kill yourself though, because you are getting' kind of old." To Maddox, my 7 year old who has huge brass balls i wish i had, a 2 finger, double barrel salute.

also managed to work on switch riding, 180 front/backside flats on the backside of the mountain. some nice blues that turn into greens with no one around so when I bail, no harm done. can now ride switch at a good clip down blues pretty much in total control.

reports are we got between 6-10" of fresh at home, any truth to that? never thought I would be up north at crystal and be jealous of riding pk, Brighton or holly'

we love this place! mtf
I always have a good time at CM.

Yes, speed is your friend. Goes against your instincts, but the faster you're going, the less time you need to maintain any precarious balance, etc., which actually makes it less likely that you'll fall. Keep working on those 180 ollies on flats/etc. next thing you know you'll be taking those off side hits and little bumps and over stumps, etc. Honestly that sort of "skateboarding on snow" type of riding is as much fun as just about anything I can think of.

I don't think we got 6" here in Royal Oak area. But there is a good amount of snow. It is a beautiful afternoon right now, bluebird, but most of the day was horribly overcast and blowing snow. It is still pretty windy I think, but the snow is done.

Jealous? Not sure. My impression (from my living room, and from what I shoveled this morning) is that conditions were likely to be sheet ice underneath 3-5" of heavy, wet, springtime snow. Hardly ideal.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote