Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spring has sprung: spring riding and pics
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
CassMT
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Default Spring has sprung: spring riding and pics

yesterday was the second sunny day in a row, and spring was def in the air...

gotta get used to those variable conditions, and timing the sunshine to nail those faces at just the right moment. found myself on a rubblefield face yesterday, giant deathcookies still frozen from the day before, that was a challenge! 3 runs later it was fast corny slush that dreams are made of...

entrance to NBC

valley view looking south

1000 Turns run, one of my favs for warmup and cooldown...1/2 mile of frontside hits that stay soft and powdery in the shade

looking uphilll

...and downhill, just goes on and on.

they don't always screw it up with that berm, when it's fresh its just a smooth tranny 10-15ft high, a snowwave extrordinaire

summit view of Glacier never gets old..

i guess we just got voted in the top 5 for spring riding in the US, i can understand that, though the season gets cut short by the USFS there is always still plenty of hiking to do after Apr 7. feeling like it's time to hit some other mountains, i'll always be here but just to get challenged with some new terrain. talking to a bud about a Bachelor snow/skate roadtrip in May, we'll see..

also...if anyone in forumland is headed this way, hit me up i have 6 $40 fullday tickets that are going to be unused...

got some spring shots or tales? lets see it!
CassMT is offline   Reply With Quote