Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Backside trouble!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Backside trouble!

No! Not hemorrhoids!

I have been trying to get some buttering tricks down, pressed 180's with/without ollies or nollies. Trying to get some pressed 360's down etc. While I can do a few of these fairly well frontside, both reg and switch. I am having some real trouble commiting to any of them backside.

It isn't just fear/nervousness over turning my back to the fall line, (...although I suspect that does play some part.) i am having a lot of trouble getting on, and feeling balanced and in control on my toeside edge when pressed. This makes it hard for me to set up for any backside spins, moves!

I am riding Cartels on all three boards and without an adjustable heel cup, they are as centered as I can make them. But, I do have ever so slightly more heel overhang than toe! Maybe as much as .5 to .75 in.

Would I be well advised to shift that extra little bit of overhang to my toeside edge to gain the control I'm after? I figure I could compensate for any loss of heelside response with my forward lean. Any thoughts, advice on whether or not I'm on the right track?

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 03-13-2014 at 06:55 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote