Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camber Vs Reverse Camber
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
NewbALewb

Default Camber Vs Reverse Camber

I am considering buying another snowboard, and I have been looking at the Gnu Billy Goat, but have also been trying to find a burton board.

I currently have a Gnu Carbon Credit Wide board which as been great for my little bit of snowboarding, but I would like to keep that as a powder board, and get something different. I finally got a couple day to ride in some powder, and the board did awesome " i think ". I didn't set the bindings back when I rode in the pow, but I would like to set it up strictly for pow.

My main concern is that from what I read on this site that cambered boards are extremely unforgiving, and they make it a lot easier to catch your edge. I fully understand the differences between the camber designs, but I am unable to grasp how the different cambers actually FEEL once riding. A very easy solution to that problem would be to just rent a few different boards while there, but I like to complicate everything .

I am also wanting to use burton cartels on the new board. I am curious to see what snowboarding is like in traditional bindings, plus my boots are burton, so I would also like to see if maybe the boots will fit/feel better inside the same brand; which also falls into why I have been looking @ burton boards.

I have only been on green runs, and am only looking for a board that fits that role of snowboarding. Thanks for reading my book =D
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote