Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are Solution's Heat Moldable?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Are Solution's Heat Moldable?

Haven't heard back from Remind, so thought I'd ask this here. Yes I googled this and couldn't find an answer. (...My google-fu sucks btw,)

The web site claims they thermo mold from body heat while wearing them, but it does not specifically state that they are compatible with professional heat molding.

I have been wearing and trying these using 3 different insole options. The Remind big foots I purchased at the same time, my $120 custom molded footbeds, and a pair of Sole foot beds. With all 3 I am still having pressure and pain issues in my forefoot and along the top of my instep, mostly on the lead foot but it does eventually turn up in both after a long time riding.

I put my old packed out liners back into the boots and the pain was gone. Of course the heel lift and way softer fit was back. I noticed that the old liners have WAY more room in the forefoot/toe box area. I thought that maybe if I got the reminds heat molded by a boot fitter, and used a larger toe box insert at the time, it might help.

Other than the pain? Once I got used to it? I loved the stiffness and response I get in the bindings when these are in my boots! I'd hate to think I paid $120 for liners I wont be able to stand wearing?

If anyone has any specific knowledge whether or not these liners can be heat molded without doing damage I would appreciate hearing from you! Tnx!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote