Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Recommend any lodging for Stowe?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Handbanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004 View Post
Trying to narrow down a place to stay for Stowe. Since I'll be driving I figure I'll just drive to the mountain each morning (any reason I shouldn't?)

It seems there are some more affordable options, but pretty consistent complaints around things like poor wifi, noisy plumbing/heating, etc... while some of the alternatives are like double the price.

Could anyone provide any recommendations or help point me in the right direction of narrowing down my decision?

- Any reason I should consider distance from mountain? Any reason I shouldn't be driving to the mountain each morning?
- Wifi is important
- What about breakfast? Some offer (mainly continental) breakfast, but is it a) offered early enough and b) even worth considering? Won't exactly pack the energy you'd need for the day!
- Any have a slightly more social aspect to them? Common areas that are actually used, to meet people, etc...
- Can't say I care about style/how outdated it is, but I would expect clean

Anything else I might be missing?

We stayed at the green mountain inn. Decently priced for what we got. Large "luxury room" with couch, fireplace, in room jacuzzi, free wifi, heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi. For 2 lift tix (fiancÚ doesn't ride/ski), and 2 midweek nights stay it was $499 including tax. Think published rate was $180/night. There's a free shuttle that picks up right outside, but if you feel like driving you might as well. There's a decent breakfast available onsite, but not included and expensive for what is available. The onsite restaurant was good, but expensive. We would definitely stay again.

We were looking for a nice place to stay, not the cheapest, and I'm certain there are cheaper. This was my only experience at stowe, and can't wait to get back.
Handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote