Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A snowboard base graphic be THIS raised ?? Please help?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
PowderManDan

Default A snowboard base graphic be THIS raised ?? Please help?

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to boarding but am picking it up super fast because of my years skateboarding and more recently long boarding.

I finally bought my self a Rossignol Templar 158 and in having unwrapped it have found that the transition between one graphics outline and the next on the base are just not smooth !

I then went to my local store to compare the smoothness of the transition between one dye cut sections.
I found that on both the K2 Slayblade and on a Burton Superhero board both also made with the same dye cut sintered base technique where much, much smoother between one pattern section and another intact so much so that 80% of these sections on these competitor boards where completely undetectable by gently sliding my finger nails over them.

Surely when running finger nails over a base with graphics your nail shouldn't catch on all the graphic edges right?

Should I send the board back?

Or can such a base be effectively ground back to one long smooth surface then be waxed?

Cheers,

Dan
PowderManDan is offline   Reply With Quote