Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

unbearable foot pain, advice.

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Hylofarm 
#1 ·
I have had this issue with every boot I've owned. The arch of my lead foot (left) gets to the point where it's so painful I have issues going to my toe edge. I am now wearing salomon F3.0 boots. I tried installing superfeet high arch insoles in my boots but after half the day its killing me again. My bindings are set at F4 on that foot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
sounds maybe you went from not enough arch to too much? do you have any heel lift on that toe edge? if so you gotta fix that

as much as can be done with proper fit and custom insole fit, your feet also have to break in and strengthen, no way around that

#5 ·
18° angle, as far as to much arch in the insole. I doubt it due to the fact that it hurt like this prior to getting them. The pain/discomfort was the reason for the purchase I the first place.

#6 ·
My guess is there's something wrong with your stance, otherwise you would have the same pain in both feet. You might be putting too much of your weight on your back leg, causing you to 'reach' with your front foot's toes when trying to turn toe side, instead of leaning into it as baldylox said. Just a shot in the dark here.

#7 ·
What are your stats? Height, weight, shoe size, measured foot, size of calves, overall fitness?

relax your ankle, feet, and use more legs when you ride… Maybe more heel adjustment.

Straps too tight is huge.

No forward lean, none.

Angle of straps, burton has three ankle strap settings on most of their binding models, the new Genesis only have 2, which is why I have not bought the Genesis.

The channel is great for these micro adjustments and small problems. A little more heel?

also, try riding with more back foot, like skateboarding. don't be such a control freak with your front foot.

#11 ·
How did you select your boots? I have very high arches and after going to half a dozen stores and trying every single boot they had, I found only one that was comfortable on my feet. If your feet are indeed of the more unusual proportions, you may need to hunt for your perfect pair harder than most.

If you feel noticeable pressure on the arches when you just sit with your boots on, not actually riding, then I suspect your boots don't fit you. If not, it may be more likely down to your riding technique, stance, etc.

#12 ·
Today I switched up my boards and rode my GNU with Burton bindings and I had no issues whatsoever. So definitely my angle and binding setup was the cause of my pain. I was wearing the same boots too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.