Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 happy hour for buttering?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
chaoechidna

Default K2 happy hour for buttering?

Hey guys, I'm super interested in the K2 Happy Hour, but I am really conflicted. I REALLY want to learn how to butter, ever since I started boarding years back I wanted to learn after seeing two kids spinning like helicopters down the mountain. I ride a HUGE K2 anagram, 163, waaaay too large for me to flex or bend or even come close to buttering, let alone lifting the nose more than a few centimeters off the ground. I'm 5' 10" and weigh 155 lbs, so I'm thinking about a 154 for the K2 Happy hour. So I really want to ask you: How does this board butter? Can you spin around the ground like a helicopter? Or is it too stiff to allow butters to be performed? Thanks in advance guys, I'm really conflicted, just because I really want the board, but I'm not going to go for it if it can't spin on the ground. I know it's a really stupid thing to want in a board, but I've been riding for 6 years on my K2 anagram now, 6 years of never being able to butter because my board is a giant beast that won't flex. And if you guys have other suggestions for good all mountain boards that will allow buttering, please by all means send em my way. I'm in no way an expert, so I'm sure there's a whole world out there I don't know of. Thank you all!
chaoechidna is offline   Reply With Quote