Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some help 2 month old snowboarder
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAddictedtoSB View Post
Hey there, i have been snowboarding for 2 months now, and i think i evolved quickly, now i am struggling on front and back 3's, here is the video of me, doing just a air on a 20ft jump , and a front 180 indy, and crashing really bad on the back 360, i dont know what im doing wrong that makes me get so unbalanced in the air thats makes me wobble that much, can i get some pointers please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUzK...ature=youtu.be
You aren't carving, instead you're just kind of hucking your body and hoping for rotation, which is leaving you unbalanced in the air. Basically you need to go back to basics and learn spin the correct way instead of trying to huck rotation around.

Spin comes from 3 main parts:

1) Upper body leads and starts rotation
2) Carving with lower body creates a platform and power to rotate
3) Pop releases that power

Right now you don't have the carving part. You should be approaching the jump at an angle, coming in from one side of the jump (eg - for bs 360 as a regular rider, you approach from the left, aimed towards the right of the jump, engage your toe edge and carve as you ride up the jump and that toe edge carve creates power to spin).

Pic of what I'm describing is attached below.

Honestly speaking though, you should go back to 180s and flatground first. Learning to 360 and 180 off jumps is silly when you can learn it on flatground practicing proper technique first, then take it to jumps after you master the technique.

How good you are at 180s, will directly translate to how good you are at 360s. And right now your 180s aren't that good, so there's no reason to go on to 360s yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carveline.jpg (59.4 KB, 47 views)