Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Attack Banana/Skate Banana/Banana Magic
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
TKDKidd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Attack Banana/Skate Banana/Banana Magic

Hey there I am currently interested in looking picking up a new deck for next season and am interested in these three different decks for some park fun. Though if you do a Google search you get all sorts of bullshit answers and am looking for responses from people who actually ride the boards. I know I sound picky but I don't get days off to demo stuff during winter season and sales people are going sales people.

In terms of riding, I can comfortably carve on East Coast hardpack Blues and Blacks, ride switch on black and intro double blacks and perform short radius sliding turns on double-black terrain and can handle bumps with relative ease, though with narrow troughs I sometimes become unstacked and will get thrown off coming across the traverse if I don't find a flat line.

In terms of park, I am a total beginner in comparison to my free riding abilities, and can only hit Front and Back 180's and Boardslide flat boxes and 50-50 the rest and really want to get better at my park riding and wanted something tuned a bit better for days in the park.

Currently I am riding a 165 W Skunk Ape with size 13 Burton Ions and the Holden/Union Collabs so a pretty heavy deck, though I do not often feel it at 230-240 lbs and 6'0". I usually get around 100+ days on snow.

I would be looking at throwing on a pair of Union Contacts on these as my Holdens are done and use the Ions for the park as I am looking at moving up to a Driver next year as I have already loosened up the Ions with all the riding I got in this season.

Lib Tech Skunk Ape C2 165W '13
Union Holden Collab '12
Burton Ions '14