Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Big White & Silverstar/ Kelowna
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
PaoloSmythe
Samyaksambuddhas

i went to big white a few years back. kelowna is a fair trek and the shuttles are neither free nor conveniently timed. plus they can be way over an hour. we stayed in BW and due to the shuttle situation, we stayed there, despite our lift passes being valid for SS and a 'shopping trip' to Kel being 'free'.

for sure though Kel would offer the main work and lodging options. BW is defo a piss take town in that it knows those staying there are 'captive'. everyone that works there are Aus/Kiwi and altho there can be a good party atmosphere, it is primarily a resort sold on it being 'family'; so puking public nudity isn't gonna be tolerated for long!

also, BW as i found regards more the probability of white out, as opposed to any reference to tons of snow (altho the snow ghosts are pretty cool)

if i were you, you might wanna consider being based in Vancouver or Banff instead of Kelowna, and being seasonaires in Whistler or Lake Louise instead of BW or Silver Star.

but as you prefer.