Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Hemlock Mountain

780 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  destroy 
#1 ·
Was thinking about heading up to Hemlock for the first this Saturday, thought I'd try something new. I read that they require chains be carried. I have a lifted jeep with 33" tires so chains are easy to procure or reasonably priced. Do they have someone checking to make sure you have them. I've been through terrible conditions in te jeep (some for fun/some not). So I'm not worried about the road worst case just put it in low and go slow.

What I am worried about is getting turned back anyone have any experience.

#2 ·
The road is practically a forest service road. It's poorly maintained and kinda hairy at times, that's why they reccomend chains. Lots of dudes in wheelin' trucks like yours just roll up there no questions asked. I drove a regular pickup up, took my old Benz up there with just winters on it a couple times when it was snowing, and timmytard and I even drove up in his old fwd car that had a little spare on it I think at one time.

They don't check, AFAIK.

#4 ·
Hemlock isn't anything special unless it's a solid powder day. When it's deep, it's totally rad. The whole place is basically just a big valley and you can pick your lines on some steep and just surf. Just like cat skiing. It's a cool change of pace though from the big busy resorts at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.