Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Whats up with the bottom of my sons Burton Board?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM
spino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersdad View Post
This is after a 3 day trip to Snowshoe WV. Icy as hell the first 2 days and slushy conditions on the final day. I waxed it before we left with EAST COAST brand all temp wax. It has turned a little white around the edges before, and waxing it has always fixed it, but I'm not sure it will this time. What do you guys think?
The board is a 120 cm Chopper, my son Tanner is a beginner, he weighs about 60 lbs.
my kids have the same board and it usually happens the same to them: it is a combination of extruded base (which retains wax worse) and the fact that, being beginners, they spend most of the time on an edge.

try waxing it first: if this does not solve the problem, you might want to try with a very fine glass-paper (grind it on some metal first, to smoth it a bit more) to remove the burnt part of the base; then polish and wax.

you can also try and use a cold-temp wax for the outer parts: it should last a bit more.

all in all, not a big problem, just be sure to wax as frequently as you can.