Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Intermediate board recommendation... again!
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maandy

Default Intermediate board recommendation... again!

I'm pretty sure everyone is sick and tired of such threads but since I didn't find any sticky with recommendations here I go.

I started boarding this year, went quite a few times, got to smooth linking turns, carving and started jumping etc. Now it's time to get a board!

I was thinking about Burton Custom Flying V (2014) since I've read a lot of good stuff about it - mainly how versatile it is. The problem is everyone keeps mentioning it's biggest weakness is ice. Here where I ride ice isn't too rare so I'm looking for some alternatives... Something that will let me hit the park but also enjoy the backcountry and other parts of the slope.

I know it would be best to go and try some stuff out but that is rather out of the question (long story short I live in Japan but my Japanese is still pretty poor so finding out where I can try some boards out and actually trying them out seems too troublesome).

Oh and if that's of any importance I'm 6'4" and 170lbs.
Maandy is offline   Reply With Quote