Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jones Mountain Twin(s) 2015
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
onitsukatiger

Default Jones Mountain Twin(s) 2015

So it appears from Jones' new lineup for the 2015 has two Mountain Twin snowboards. (Jones Snowboards - The journey is the reward - Jones Workbook 2014/2015).

I am new to this forum, but quite an experienced boarder, but I have not kept up with the technology, so I am curious to see what the forum's thoughts on board technology from a different perspective than the repeated slush going around SIA and etc.

I am writing this post in an attempt to learn more about the Mountain Twin since I plan to upgrade, and I would like to know if this is a good choice out there. I'm looking at other freeride (dominant) + opportunity to freestyle boards that are good for steeps and charging. I like the 2014 mountain twin, but the new 2015 updates are confusing to me and I'm not sure if it'll be the same quality board as the 2014 I keep hearing good things about.

Note I am comparing to the current Mountain Twin (zuzupopo / Catalogues - Jones).

For the new Mountain Twin (Blue-ish one):
The graphics look cool. But besides that, I'm not sure why Jones changed the core used in the twin. Well they changed their entire nomenclature for their cores so I'm not sure if the "hard core" is the same as the "mountain core". But, is this a downgrade or upgrade? How might you guys expect the board to change?

More importantly, the carbon stringers have been also taken out from the 2013/14 version. The 2015 Mountain twin seems to be a stripped version tech-wise, so I'm curious as to what you guys think how it will compare to the current 2013/14 twin?

For the new Mountain Twin Limited (Murdered-out one):

It uses the "master core" and has "carbon stringers". How does this compare to the current mountain twin? The core seems like an upgrade, but keeping the carbon stringers seems like it will maintain the same performance as the current twin.

Some final thoughts, how do you think the prices will differ between these two models? Are you guys happy about this - it seems like Jones is splitting hairs with the twin.

Do you guys think the limited edition is going to be that much better - regardless of the exclusivity of the limited edition or graphics?

On another note, for those who have used the Jones Mountain Twin, do you like it and why?
onitsukatiger is offline   Reply With Quote