Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gnu carbon credit damage!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
elinett7

Angry Gnu carbon credit damage!

I bought a gnu carbon credit 153. It was a 2014 brand new blem model from evo.com. I really liked the day and a half I rode it...until...I board slid a box and came off too much on my nose. The board slid off the corner and hard into snow. The nose was damaged severely.

After contacting gnu's warranty department, they basically said tough luck. And it was not anything to do with thin metal sidewall defect (the type of blem was not specified on evo, so I assumed top sheet aesthetic defect).

To Gnu's credit, they offered to have me send the board in for evaluation ( after accusing me of running into something already) but I would be stuck with shipping both ways. Or they said they'd give me 40% off on a new board, which this board was already discounted on Evo.com , but I'm poor!

I have to think the think the thin metal edge defect, combined with the fact the Gnu and Lib Tech does not use wood base material in the nose and tails, just fiber and plastic claiming it helps with spins. Also, the metal edges stop at the nose and tail where it starts to round.

Long story short, I'm stuck with this brand new board severely damaged. I wish Mervin Mfg. would be better about helping a fellow rider out. I guess I'm stuck with repairing this. I bought marine epoxy already.

Any tips for repair?

Thanks alot guys! And hopefully gnu or mervin sees this post and helps a brotha out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0862.jpg (32.3 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0861.jpg (23.5 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0865.jpg (36.1 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0863.jpg (92.9 KB, 111 views)
elinett7 is offline   Reply With Quote