Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Big White & Silverstar/ Kelowna
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
NzGnu

Hey thanks alot for all that, will have to look into the Banff region.
And thanks for the recommendation of a hostel in Vancouver, we've been trying 2 suss a place 2 stay there for a couple nights after we fly in so we can sort all our stuff out before heading somewere else.
Yeah how thorough is reference checking since I'll be coming from NZ, surely most businesses wont be wanting to make international toll calls? or is it pretty cheap to do over there?
I have lots of customer service experience and worked in a cafe so hopefully should be able to find a job.
I hear people aren't tipping so much with the whole 'recession' deal, but I suppose a little tip is better than no tip.
Yeah will look into buying a car, what sort of deal is it with change of ownership and that sorta stuff over there?

Does big white have enough gladed and tree runs to keep it fun when it does white out? I've been to blackcomb/whistler before and found there was still plenty to do on white out days thanks to the trees.

Does anyone know what silver star is like?