Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings for powder board
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
F1EA
Veteran Member

Default Bindings for powder board

Hey guys...
So boards and boots, i get it. But bindings is like obscure science......

Need help picking a binding for a pow board (2014 Charlie Slasher). I will probably use the same bindings for my Endeavor Live 2014. The Slasher is a midstiff pow deck ~6/10, while the Live is an aggressive RCR board (similar in "spirit" to the Ripsaw, Man's Board, TRice etc), probably around 7.5/10 flex.

Both these boards are to be ridden all mountain when there's decent snow conditions. Obviously, the Slasher for dem deep days and the Live for everything between soft packed to ~25cm or so.

I don't want something as stiff as Diodes or Chargers and nothing as "partsy" or finnicky as a 390 Boss. I'm used to Burton bindings, so i'd like to continue not worrying about breaking parts. I'm debating:

1. UNION Atlas
Pros: stiff baseplate, comfy, not so stiff highback, simple, good price. Quality.
Cons: none stand out.

2. Burton Genesis
Pros: comfy, awesome ratchets, 0 fwd lean option, simple and light. Top Quality.
Cons: Not sure if responsive enough. I'm in-between size M and L... this is a big con..... the Reflex baseplate limits my setup options. They're not cheap.

3. UNION Factory or any of those Collaborations...
Pros: Canted footbed (big plus), stiff baseplate, quality.
Cons: not sure if Team highback makes too stiff/responsive especially considering Unions don't really have totally 0 lean option (or do they?)

4. NOW Select or Drive
Pros: I like the idea of customizable response via the bushings. Simple. Quality.
Cons: No idea how they behave or what compares. Pricey.

Any input is appreciated. I'm not looking for a straight answer, but rather discussion on your preferences and experiences.... so feel free to share your darkest and deepest secrets.

Thanks!

Last edited by F1EA; 03-23-2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Added NOW Drives
F1EA is online now   Reply With Quote