Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2009/2010 Season in Banff/Revelstoke/Whis
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
ashleyswan

Question 2009/2010 Season in Banff/Revelstoke/Whis

So I've been looking at taking some time off uni to move west to work and ride at a new resort. I've been working at my current prairie resort as a part-time CASI instructor for 7 years (haha since jr.high!) and it's time for a change of scenery. I've mostly been a jibber/park rider up until now, with very little backcountry experiance since I live in the prairies. I've been looking at a few places but the main options seem to be Revelstoke, Banff, and Whistler. Out of those three I've only ever been to banff, and I'm a little skeptical about moving to whistler this coming season because of all the olympic hype that's happening. Revelstoke looks amazing but they don't seem to have a terrain park and I'd really like to have that for the sucky snow days.
So I'm looking for some feedback or advice, I'm sure a lot of you have made this move at some point! Where did you end up living and working when you did it? and when did you move out there?
I'm looking for a place within Canada that has a laid back vibe and a good mix of backcountry and park riding. Or if you've lived/worked in any of those places above I'd love to hear about your experiance. Or if you think there's a place I should be checkin' out, tell me!

also...is there anyone living/planning to live in banff or revelstoke next season?
sooo many questions!