Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Neversummer Infinity - Size and am I ready?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Varza

Default Neversummer Infinity - Size and am I ready?

Hello, fellow forumers!

My season came to an end today, but I am already looking forward to next season and to continuing to improve!

I met a nice lady today in the gondola who had a NS Infinity board and asked her how it handles. From her description, I WANT ONE! I plan on putting feelers out for a potential deal on it, as well as tallying my finances... it looks grim at the moment, but... tax returns!

Anyway, I was wondering what size I should get. According to a chart I found somewhere, I am in the range for 149, 151 and 154. Though I feel like 154 might be a tad long for me, how much would I be able to feel the difference between these lengths and which one do the experts think would work best for me?

Stats: 140lbs. without all the snow gear, so maybe 150 with it on Boots: 7.5 32 Lashed.

Riding style: noob But I have been improving a lot this season and can now link turns with relative ease using an up-down technique (bend knees when wanting to turn, straighten out a little when pointing down. I can put myself where I want to be and also turn on a dime at low speeds to avoid running into other noobs (or them into me).

My plan/goals for next season are to continue improving (duh), getting better at handling steeper terrain, and learning how to carve (!!!). I am currently on a K2 Lunatique 146 and it has served me well through my learning, but the chatter as soon as I pick up some speed is starting to drive me crazy, and I am starting to feel like the board is a little short for me. Of course, I was right in the middle of the manufacturer's size chart for it so... I'm confused.

Lastly, do you think I am ready for such a board? I imagine it would be more stable at speed, which is exciting for me. I like being able to go fast and turn accurately. Or should I stick to my newbie gear for another season? Anyone's 2 is appreciated!
Varza is offline   Reply With Quote