Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 Hyperlite for a second season intermediate?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 03:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
ColdKiwi

Default K2 Highlite for a second season intermediate?

(oops meant to say High lite)
I started boarding last season, I've done a bit of wakeboarding in the past so I picked it up pretty quickly. I'd say I'm intermediate level, I can carve and turn confidently and am loving the speed.

The season is due to start in New Zealand soon so I went out and bought myself some gear for the week long trip I have planned (I'm hooked!). In spite of having done a bit of research I decided to put my trust in the helpful guys at the local board shop, and have come home with a K2 Highlite 152cm. I decided to google it when I got home (ok, should have done that first...) and have found out from the reviews that it's a powder board for intermediate-expert level riders. I'm now really worried about my purchase - I'll pretty much always be on well ridden trails and more often compacted snow than powder. I'm also concerned I'll be out of my depth and the board will be too difficult for me to ride. Does anyone know this board and have some advice to offer? I can take it back if I need to and swap it for something different.

Last edited by ColdKiwi; 03-24-2014 at 03:31 AM.
ColdKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote