Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ice Coast Board Recommendations
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Simon Birch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ice Coast Board Recommendations

Hello everyone, and I'll start with saying sorry for another help me pick another board thread. I've done a lot of searching on the forums and other web sites and still haven't found any good threads on anything recent such as the 2013-2014 models that pertain to riding on the east coast. Since prices are dropping I was thinking about picking up something on sale.

I've noticed there are a lot of guru's on this board who have a ton of knowledge and if anyone would like to share their thoughts I would appreciate it. Mainly I'm wondering what type of board I should go for next. I'd like to know peoples thoughts on good board to ride on the east coast's wonderful ice. I do like to ride switch, I don't do park, and want something that carves well down our "mountains" and can hold onto the ice at good speeds. I'm an intermediate level rider, 5'8", weigh 187 lbs, and wear a 10.5 size boot. I've read a lot about the Mervin boards and is the Magne-Traction as big of a blessing on groomers and ice as some people have said? (BTW I'm not limiting myself to Mervin products)