Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GRaa busted shoulder
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
jj998

Default GRaa busted shoulder

Just want to vent a bit :-D

I was practicing flatspins and fs1&3 of small jumps and made a retarded slam. Had bad vibes coming into a small jump that had a translucent ice landing, figured i'd go for fs3 but during the run in decided i better take it slow and make it a fs1 because i hadn't jumped it before and the landing looked real shitty. Really? fs1 don't be a pussy man! So i'm alternating between them and approaching the jump. At this point the jump has gone to shit, i'm drifting towards the lip real confused. The most hilarious thing happens! I miss the lip and make a NINETY degree spin slightly tilted on heel edge. Alright, now that was just plain stupid! But alas more will follow! When i hit the icing i instantly flip on my back. Instead of tucking my hands in and taking the hit i extend my left arm backwards. Goddamn motherfucking shit! Pieces of rotator cuffs flew everywhere while the death throes of my labrum cartilage echoed through the mountains! Made a few methods to feel better and called it a day. The next day zero strength/range of motion in the arm.

Blah blah i have had a surgery to fix the labrum cartilage on that same shoulder, hopefully the shoulder doesn't go any worse than pre surgery. Hoping for the best and going to do pt with 500% motivation. This sucks! I am having my first real season in a very long time. Even made some progress, damn. Btw the emoticons definitively made me feel better hehe.

Edit: back from doc! One of the rotator cuffs is damaged. Looks somewhat good, phew was having all kinds ofs nightmares.

Last edited by jj998; 03-24-2014 at 09:55 AM.
jj998 is offline   Reply With Quote