Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Credit as a first board
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
f00bar
Veteran Member

Default Carbon Credit as a first board

Skier making the transition as my 9 year old started this year. I'm 43, 5'9, as of this mornings scale reading 156lbs.

Yesterday was my first time boarding, was on a 147cm (i think) Burton. All went well, I'm still alive, end of season sales are going on and looking to buy.

For no real reason I kind of like the gnu carbon credits. They seem to get pretty good reviews, I like supporting US manufacturers, etc.

Good choice?

One local place has a 156cm, weight range is 110-210.

Another has a 150cm, weight range is 90-160.

A 153 seems ideal, but I can't find one around here.

I'm kind of leaning towards the 150 figuring it'll have a little more flex which will be good for my skill level. Also, being in my 40s I'm really just looking to follow my son around the mountain and other than doing a box attempt in general will be pretty kind to it compared to someone a third my age.

Sure it says 160 and I'm approaching, but it's not like it's going to self destruct if I eat too much turkey next thanksgiving. Though I've pretty much had this weight for the last 10 years so I'm not all that concerned.

One other thing, New England skiing. So mostly groomed, not a whole lot of powder.
Opinions?

Last edited by f00bar; 03-24-2014 at 09:47 AM.
f00bar is online now   Reply With Quote