Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help with first board purchase
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Tranceaddict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need help with first board purchase

Hey guys,

I just got into snowboarding this year and have spent 3 full days out on the slopes this year on rental boards. I am 6'0", and between 215-220lb, with a size 11.5 boot. I would like a board for mostly carving down the mountain at my local resort and would like to get into doing small jumps. Even though I am a beginner, I used to skate for years and am picking up snowboarding really fast. I can link up turns, carve down the mountain at increasing speeds and even started hitting black diamonds with good confidence.

For my needs I wanted a Burton Custom, either the 162w or the regular 163cm with Cartel EST bindings. However, I came across a private sale which seems like a good deal. The board is a 2012 Burton Custom X 164w with Diode bindings. Is Custom X going to be too advance of a board for me? Here are some attached pics. The board was apparently used only twice, but looks a little too beat up to me. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks