Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New Rider: want to get good at park riding!

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  ListenUp 
#1 ·
Im 19 and I just started snowboarding in january. it just feels amazing, its my favorite thing in the world. I am looking for a board that would be really good to learn to ride park on and is just ok at other stuff my main goal is to ride park really well. i just don't know brands and models also some good bindings would help to. I am still pretty basic but i progress quickly. please help me out guys.
:dunno:

#4 ·
Took the time to post this response yet says nothing other than "search old threads"

Sorry you ran into this brick wall OP!

The older threads do have a lot of suggestions and info. But as far as you looking a recommendation of equipment, you need to give some info. Budget, area, your size, etc.

#5 ·
i can spend around $400. i ride a size 151 or 152 thats what feels right to me. i am looking at a 2014 burton process camber right now. I ride in boise idaho so we get a lot of snow in the mountains but close to the end of the season it can be icy and slushy. we also get a really weird type of snow its the same consistency as sand but its not hail. they are extremely small balls of in between ice and snow. much smaller than normal hail.

#7 ·
If you want a good park board, take a look at the Rome Artifact Rocker.
It's a soft board designed mainly for park jibbing and small to medium jumps.

The 150 would be a good size for you if you ride a 152 for your all-mtn board. It also happens to be on sale now at evo.com for $190.

#8 · (Edited)
im like 5'9 give or take. i dont really know what a good size is. i ride a 151 because that's what the rental shop says i should ride. but what do you guys think? and i dont really like the feel of rockers i just feel like im not in control. i like the edge control you get with camber. i really want a board that will help me learn tricks off jumps like 360s and grabs. i also like a bit more flex.

#15 ·
You can learn on any snowboard. My bro is a park rat, regularly hits 360, 540, grabs, boxes and rails. He won his board at a bar. Its a piece of crap. Yet he doesnt let that slow him down...

I feel like people put too much emphasis on the "right kind of board" and need to just get out there.

#17 ·
Alright so before you try anything, practice a lot of switch riding. Which means since your be riding switch a lot, especially off of jumps or rails, so you should get a twin board. Now give me some stats. How much do you weigh? How tall are you (this doesn't matter as much as weight but its still good for me to make a good recommendation)? Are you goofy or regular? Are you seriously only going to ride park or will you try some pow?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.