Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Bought a board - may be too small?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ridinbend 
#1 ·
Beginner snowboarder here..

Bought a 150 GNU pickle today - bit nervous that it may be on the smaller side? I'm 5"7, 190 pounds.
Was ideally hoping for a 153 pickle but no stock.

Other option was 153 Carbon Credit, but really like the look of the Pickle.

Riding Australian conditions, so more packed snow than powder
Hoping to ride all over the mountain with tricks/park as I get better

Doable?

#6 ·
Guess another option is to return it and try get a 156 imported from the US.
Makes it a fair bit more expensive tho.

Would a 156 be not as much fun tho for my size?

I've only rented in past so not sure of what boards I'd used at time ..

#10 ·
I never did understand all this about size... I understand the logics behind it, yet whenever i get on a board bigger than 155 i just feel swamped...

You can see the boards i ride below, and having ridden the 158 quite a bit this year, i ALWAYS find myself going back to the smaller boards, but then i like park and twisting in the trees... Hehe

#12 · (Edited)
150 is too small...period. I'm 180# and about the shortest I'll go is 155 on a stiff cambered. On a 150 you might not even be able to get your stance width. A 150 board will be ok for the first few days...but there is no room to progress...it will quickly feel too short, too squirrely, will easily washout and will not hold an edge under your heft. Get at least a 155 or 56.

#13 ·
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.
I know there are alot of "is this size ok for me" kind of posts which no doubt drive you all nuts, so appreciate your experienced opinions while I am a bit in the dark on if I could sneak it and use it ..or best not to.. it's a pretty decent investment so want to make sure I do it right!

At this stage I'm really thinking of returning it.
I want this board to last me ages, so probably best to not skimp and pay extra to get right size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.