Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - help a noob out? CRC vs RCR vs TBT
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
tony the homie

Default help a noob out? CRC vs RCR vs TBT

so I was convinced into buying a NS evo by a friend last summer but after this season feel its too small for me. I'm 155 - 160 lbs and its a 150 cm.

Started looking at new boards when I got home from Jay Peak this weekend and have been wondering what the biggest differences are between camber - rocker - camber and the opposite, rocker - camber rocker hybrid profiles are. From what I have read/heard RCR is a more surfy perhaps? not quite sure. TBT sounds interesting too but I don't think I'd buy one without trying it out first.

I'd like to get a board that I can use all over the mountain. I flock to pow when its there, otherwise I like glades and groomers over park riding but dont want to limit myself to just that. I know, I probably cant have the cake and eat it too but I've heard the happy hour and rome mod rocker can handle most things, is there any other boards I should look at? I ride mostly at Mt snow and some smaller local mountains with the occasional trip far north.

Also, please tell me if its all in my head and the Evo should be fine for what I'm doing, it'd save me some money.
tony the homie is offline   Reply With Quote