Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NS Raptor or Endeavour Live
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
kumimajava

Default NS Raptor or Endeavour Live

After spending the past 5 years or so mainly on hardboots (please don't judge me too harshly!), I'm now returning to riding softboots only. Being based in the UK, I've not easily got a way of demoing a board, but I'd like to take advantage of some of the end-of-season deals to be well ready for next winter (moving across to Japan, and I hear the kit there will be way expensive during the season).

The intention was to move to a 'one board' quiver (hence the interest in the Live), but having come across a very nicely priced old Hovercraft (156, 2010 vintage), I think that'll be my powder-board. My previous softboot board was a Prior MFR 165 from way back in 2008, which is a stiff camber-only board (in fact, all my boards have been camber-only up till now).

So, coming from hardboots, I'd like to have a board that lets me carve aggressively, and given that I have large feet (12 US), my mind current thinking is along the lines of the Raptor X 165 or Endeavour 161W. I would be doing some riding switch, but probably not very much (kinda rusty after all that time locked in high angles), and I doubt I'll be making it to the park very often.

My current thinking is that the Raptor would probably suit better if I get the Hovercraft also - but if the Live is close enough to the Hovercraft in terms of Pow performance, I might just (actually!) settle on just the one board.

Size-wise, I'm around 6'1 and weigh in at around 200lbs.

I would warmly welcome feedback from anyone who has ridden both (or, indeed, if there is another obvious board I'm overlooking).

PS. Yes, i've been all over the forum, looking up info on these two boards, but hadn't come up with any direct comparison.

Many thanks for your patience

Last edited by kumimajava; 04-01-2014 at 09:19 AM.
kumimajava is offline   Reply With Quote