Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Kids Board???
Thread: Kids Board???
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
rcboxer

Default Kids Board???

Hello, I'm looking for a board for my 9 year old son for next year and would like some advice. This was his second season riding and he is progressing pretty fast. He likes buttering hitting fun boxes and playing in the half pipe. He is able to do board slides, nose slides, ride switch, and just barely air out of the mini pipe.

He has been riding a 110 burton chopper this year. Its a little on the small side but he does good on it. He is at 76 pounds and I am thinking maybe of getting him a 120 for next season. Now one of the things i'm not so sure about, Is a Burton chopper in the 120 size a good board for him. Some reason I think the chopper boards are more begginer oriented then say a gnu mini danny kass? Just wanted to here what boards you guys recommend and what you think of a Burton chopper for him compared to the little more expensive kids boards. I am pretty sure next year he will advance quite a bit.

thanks for your reply's
rcboxer is offline   Reply With Quote