Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocker or Camber?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
NZRide

I just went through this dilemma, been riding camber for over 15 years and just took the plunge into RC hybrid (Never Summer Proto), my wife has been riding (snowboards) similar amount of time and just got into RC hybrid also (Lib TRS), she was not liking it for first few days but got used to it after that and now likes it, I got used to mine pretty fast and liked it but I still scratch my head over the need for RC, I still need to ride the same (and perhaps riding camber has got me into good habbits) but I would never catch edges on that so don't get much benefit other than perhaps a bit better float in pow (which is rare back home anyhow).
All I would say if you have been riding camber for a few years, there is no need to jump into RC unless there is a kick ass board that you like that has that profile then go for it.
I definitely personally would not get onto full rocker myself, but if your real keen on pow deck or loose freestyle deck maybe you should look at that?
All I guess I'm saying is if you can find a camber board that is kick ass, then I would just go for that. Overall there are negatives to Rocker and RC but assuming you can ride a board properly there are no negatives to Camber, unless your deep in pow pow.
I will definitely consider camber again for my next board. Keen to see if things go the way of the NS ripsaw in the next year or two, with large camber equal to the rocker, to give a stable base, that seems like a better way forward to me than the teeter totter approach most manufacturers use currently.
Just my 2 cents anyway, different for everyone I guess.
NZRide is offline   Reply With Quote