Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding healed me knee - Halleluaja
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
f00bar
Veteran Member

Default Snowboarding healed me knee - Halleluaja

So I'm 43 and for the past 15+ years or so I've had an ache in my knee. Not really pain, kinda like that feeling you get for an hour after you've locked your knees going down a stair. The result is my right knee became super dominant, on a bike it pedals twice as hard, I kinda hop off it going up stairs so the left doesn't work as hard, etc. All very subliminal as like i said, it's really just a dull ache. I even quit skiing and racing about 8 years ago because I just couldn't hold an edge the way I wanted.

So my son starts snowboarding and I started skiing again. Still ached, but he's a beginner so nothing more than normal following him on greens and blues.

Long story shorter, last week I tried snowboarding. I ride regular, goofy wasn't as successful though I thought it would be because of the knee, and expected some ache. After the first day I really felt nothing. 2nd day comes and I take a lesson and the instructor really gets on my case to keep my weight forward. Which I try really hard to do and am pretty successful.

Since then no pain. I see myself leading with my left leg going up stairs, I find myself not bouncing my knee up and down at work to try to take my mind off that constant little ache it had. It's totally crazy. 3 days riding in a week and zip for pain.

I'm thinking I may be able to take all my new gear off my taxes as a health expense! Not really, but I would have spent more money on an MRI than my stuff cost.

Anyway, here's an anti-slam. It's like I met Snowboard Jesus
f00bar is offline   Reply With Quote