Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skier Follows Tracks Off Cliff
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Lmao, I saw this last week, we rode down this area, pretty sure it's prospect bowl, weekend before last and it's not a big drop at all. There are a lot of beginners that go to telluride and shouldn't be up on some of their terrain. They have shit that will straight up allow you to kill yourself right off the lifts.....
I know you've ridden @ JH frequently as well,.. I read in a resort review that places like Jackson and others have plenty of terrain, "In Bounds" that can easily kill you if you're not familiar with the trails?

Not to negate this doofus's responsibility to know WTF he was going, I was just wondering how well those type warnings are posted. (...obviously you can't flag every cliff drop or gully, etc. but,) I mean is it fairly easy for a newb like myself, who isn't necessarily looking for gnarlier terrain to wind up in a situation like that off of some otherwise skill appropriate blue trail or the like?

This situation reminds me of Pout's encounter with that ice covered death drop a season or two back. I remember being a little freaked by that as well!!! It just never occurred to me that within bounds of a resort, on/by a marked trail, one might not want to simply trust following along in others board tracks. I realized at that time,... "JEEBUS!!!! That sounds just like something I would have done!"

I want to burn this and similar examples of "Dumb Assed, Full Retard Decisions" into my brain to be sure I avoid making the same "Spaz" mistakes when I finally get to ride some of these resorts!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote