Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ollie on a stiffer Camber Board
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Littlebigdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
You don't know how to ollie. You don't lift the nose up. You can do anything on a rockered board that's why they make them for people. On a cambered board you have to learn all of the proper mechanics. Start here: (and use the search function)

Do Not lift the front foot first. Wait until the weight has shifted to the tail and the nose is starting to lift off the snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWvsjwdWL9Q
My explanation skills are terrible =( Sorry, yes, I do NOT just lift the front foot first. I think I understand how to weight shift (or maybe I don't =S)

As I mentioned, I tried to tailblock on my Capita while going straight. I'm pretty sure I need to shift weight properly in order to do that while cruising, even if I was using a rockered pickle originally. So I should have at least some understanding of that motion but I'm only getting like 1ft of height.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether if there's drills that can help me do more exaggerated ollies. The video you linked is helpful but it's only showing how to learn a very mellow ollie, which I can do already.
Littlebigdreams is offline   Reply With Quote