Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Mod rocker vs. Jones Mountain Twin vs. Endeavor Live
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
ryannorthcott

Default Rome Mod rocker vs. Jones Mountain Twin vs. Endeavor Live

Well, it's the end of the year and I am in a bit of a quandary. I've narrowed it down to these three decks. I am an aggressive all-mountain freestyle rider. I venture into the park for the M/L jump lines (not XL unless I'm feeling saucy) but do not jib. I venture off-piste quite a bit and also hike some in-bounds slack country when I have the chance. I also want a board with good grip on hardpack/icy conditions and one that will rail turns with ease. I am currently on a 2011 K2 Turbo Dream which I love, but the thing is on its last legs and is quite dinged up. So I am after something like the TD, but with better edge hold and much more pop. As far as cost I can get each one at a good price so I'm not worried, I just want to get the best board for me. I am 6'1, 170 lbs size 11 boots.

Jones - the 158W is the perfect size for me, I like the set-back twin design as well as the mellow magnetraction as I do ride icy conditions somewhat often. I can get down with JJ and the eco-friendly initiatives and I can get this board at the lowest price. Only concern would be is it too soft to handle hard charging and carving?

Rome - I like that it won the good wood award, and seems to be well received every where I look. Also like that it is on the lighter side of things. I don't have a huge amount of strength, which is why I am staying away from the heavier mervins as I prefer something lighter. Cons, the board is the most expensive of the bunch and I am concerned it may be too stiff for playing around.

Endeavor - Don't know much about this one except that they have it at a local shop for fairly cheap and the sales guy recommended it. Canadian brand (but made in china), basic research on the website says it would fit my riding profile and appears to have a similar rocker profile to the Jones.

Basically I'm hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has owned/ridden these boards and can help point me in the right direction..

Thanks!

Last edited by ryannorthcott; 04-02-2014 at 03:41 PM.
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote