Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Camera Q's, Contour HD cam
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
EverBorN

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
You can get away with a google (heh) strap for the camera.

Not sure about the camera you are thinking of getting, but if it doesn't have a video playback and wide angle lens, I wouldn't bother with it. Time and time again I have friends that think they are saving money with a cheaper helmet cam and end up hardly being able to use it. The VIO POV models are by far the best I have seen. About the only drawback is the cable to the controller. It's not bad but there were some problems with the connection last year. My understanding is that they have fixed the problem with this years camera. Yes they cost aroud $600, but your money will be worth it. Or you can throw away $280 on something that will hardly be usuable.
Check out the Contour HD, it looks like a great camera? It has wide angle lens & has gotten great reviews why do you say i'm throwing my money away? Check it out. $300 camera is alot of $$ it is not the cheap $100 junk.. You do not need to spend $700+ on a camera to get a good one, that camera you were talking about is a tad overboard & not even HD, looks very nice but I dont have a bugest to spend $700+ on just a camera esp when I'v done alot of research on the contourHD and has only cvame up with positive things to say. HD Video Samples from ContourHD Wearable Camcorder

Last edited by EverBorN; 06-19-2009 at 09:40 PM.
EverBorN is offline   Reply With Quote