Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Edge Damage - worth repairing or return?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumimajava View Post
I got a chance to buy a Jones Hovercraft 2010 at a good price (as mentioned in another thread), and in my curiosity jumped at it since I've never had a powder board before, and it is high time I acquire one :P The board arrived today, and it appears that one of the edges is mounted a bit off, about 1mm, and sticking out from the sidewall (pics below).

This is obviously a manufacturing defect, and the shop have acknowledged this, and have given me various options (besides return for a refund). One option is another 50% discount, if I keep the board & they suggested a small amount of p-tex between edge and board should 'seal' it from water ingression- the question is, whether the board is likely to ride ok after such a fix, or whether I'd need a base & edge grind... or is the edge likely to pull out entirely under minimal strain, since it has been mounted wrong. I presume that issues like this would be less likely with a more recent Jones board, but this is clearly a rather early specimen

Another option they offered was a swap for a 2014 Bataleon CamelToe, but i've not been able to find much info on this board on this forum or elsewhere.

So what would you recommend:

1) keep & fix, with discount
2) swap for the CamelToe
3) return & go looking for a different board

Thanks for any advice forthcoming
Keep and fix, that's a great deal.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote