Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

big sky Montana

5K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  t21 
#1 ·
God Damn! I have a new favorite place. The accessibility to intense steep terrain is awesome, gladed terrain is awesome, decent beginner and intermediate terrain. huge area and amazing side and back country all over the place. here's a shot from the moonlight side. My sons venue for competition tomorrow.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I'll post more pictures through the weekend. Probably the steepest lift access in the US we have ridden. Trees are beautiful and well kept without all the deadfall knee snapping shit we have in CO. definitely should be a bucket list place for the avid rider

#4 ·
Excellent. Looking forward to seeing more.

Someone from work has a log cabin styled mountain house in MT. Can't recall the town but they're nearest to Bridger as the crow flies (about a 1.5h drive around a mountain though); perhaps they're close to Big Sky...wheels spinning...thank you Argo!

#7 · (Edited)
Hey Argo! That's some awesome looking terrain! Big Sky has been on my bucket list pretty much since the beginning as it's actually one of the "sister" resorts to Boyne here in MI. I have it saved as a Fav on my On the Snow app. along with Vail & a few others. (...Guess I just like torturing myself checking on all the epic POW I'm missing!) :laugh:

I hear a lot of talk and hype about BS from the resort here, mostly about the lack of crowds 'n' such, but your description has it sounding like "Gnar-vana!!" ;) it's definitely on my To Be Ridden list. :thumbsup:

-edit-
.... actually I'm packed and about to head out the door for three days of warm, slushy spring shit at Boyne right now. Sort of depressing after those pics n vid! :laugh: ;). Wishing your boy the best of luck on the competition! :thumbsup:

#11 ·
I haven't been to Big Sky and Bridger since the winter of '96-'97 when a friend worked at one of the fancy lodges at Big Sky. They had great terrain then, but it looks like they have opened even more since then.

Bridger Bowl is also fantastic and not far away. As I recall Bridger was 30 min. north of Bozeman and Big Sky was about an hour south. Bozeman is a great town, too!

Why do I live in New England again?!

#23 ·
#17 ·
Sweet Man! Just plain Sweet!!!!!! :thumbsup:

#24 ·
Looked hard to find a run to avoid rocks. Huge rocks or little snow?
Congrats!

#26 ·
I noticed this year in particular that the Gorpro cameras (probably due to the fish eye lens) distort slopes and makes them look no where as steep as they really are...

I've seen other videos and pics of the chutes at Big Sky and they really ARE steep.

#31 ·
Very cool for Mathew! Obviously a very proud Papa! :thumbsup:
That ridgeline looked wicked in that wind. :eek:

#36 ·
Definitely our new favorite. The ropes were cool but they were pretty low to the ground and placed in strange places. :unsure::dunno: The hike was the worst part but would do it every day for sure. The terrain there is amazing. :eusa_clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.