Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to do a Season in the US
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
SS_Pow_Rider

Default My opinion...

I opened Bachelor and closed Bachelor this year with a couple week long sessions in between. I love Bachelor as I explore it's terrain more and more there always seems to be new lines to ride. Yeah the lift lines can be long on the weekend, but I think that is indicitive of any good Resort operation with a ton of shredable terrain.I do have a easy cure for long lift lines though, stay off the lifts that all the tourists go to. I found the best powder stashes at Bachelor off of Rainbow lift and have never waited in line.
The town of Bend is amazing too. Lots to do year around. Very mellow and easy way of living there and that has always been extended to me as a guest. Having lived in Arizona for the past 25 years I have been to many other resorts on the west coast and have found my home away from home at Bachelor. My new home is Twin Falls Idaho so I am stoked to see what Grand and Jackson have to offer next season. After spending many hours looking at various sites I don't think Jackson will let me down.
Happy searching!!!
SS_Pow_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote