Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ladies! Ever ride a board that felt too big? Pls help!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
blooh

Default Ladies! Ever ride a board that felt too big? Pls help!

I'm hoping someone can relate and give some suggestions.

A little about me:
Intermediate rider (4th season, about 20 times a year, easy learner)
5'2", 120 lbs athletic build (broad shoulders muscular legs), 7 boot
Goofy, with a rather wide stance-16 inches from inside to inside binding (21 inches measuring from center to center binding).

I rode a Rome Lo-fi 146cm rocker till last year. It was a dream. Easy going, light and buttery. I wanted to charge a bit harder and have something with more edge control and bought the GNU ladies choice 148.5. I knew at the end of last year that this board was too much for me and unfortunately couldn't return a used board. I was sick to my stomach thinking how much I spent and that I didn't love it. It feels way too big. I can't throw it around like my lo-fi rocker. On moguls and other obstacles it feels too long and heavy to maneuver quickly. I suppose it would be great if I just wanted to simply cruise or hit large jumps. I feel like my board is riding me rather than me controlling and riding my board.

I like to ride all mountain with some speed, some tree riding, going off small ledges and natural jumps, some boxes and smallish jumps in the park.

Therefor, I think I need a board that is about 143cm and slightly softer than my GNU ladies choice. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I am seriously considering:
Never Summer Onyx (might be too soft?)
Never Summer Infinity (might be too much like my Ladies Choice from what a retailer told me)
Roxy Ollie pop
Salomon Gypsy
blooh is offline   Reply With Quote