Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Please HELP! Is my Burton a fake?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gunslinger

Default Please HELP! Is my Burton a fake?

Trying to make a long story short. Saw a board on craigslist I thought would be right for what I wanted. The ad on craigslist did have pictures, and the board looked fine in the pics. I did some research online and tried to find some reviews on the board. Seemed like a good deal, met the dude, inspected the board. It was in good shape for a used board, no deep gouges in the base and the edges seemed descent. I've had the board for a month now and tonight I was trying to find some more reviews online and while looking at photos online from various websites I noticed some differences in my board vs. ALL the other pics online... No matter what size or color scheme, ALL the boards in the pics online had gold tips on the base of the board. Mine does not have these gold tips. And on the deck, my board does have the "snake skin/leather" graphic across the top. But in all the pics it has a graphic in the middle between the two bindings, and on my board there is no graphic between the bindings... I no longer have the sellers contact info or I would just ask him myself. Am I crazy? Is this possibly a fake Burton? I have included a couple pics of my board with the white bindings, and then a pic I found online of what I think my board should look like with the gold tips on base and middle deck graphic. Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131019_135330.jpg (52.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 20131019_135423.jpg (59.5 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 2389.jpg (14.4 KB, 94 views)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote